Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Discussion Are letters needed before CTB?

Letters?

• Yes

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 72.2%

• Total voters
asani

asani

We all will be there. You just wait or do it.
I’ve been thinking for a while and I can’t decide. Should I leave some letters for my family and/or send an email (with a timer) for my ex or no? Because they are all partially to blame for my mental state and why I want to CTB.
They all heard and saw what was happening to me but abandoned me and ignored. Should I leave those messages?
I’m also scared that if I fail my attempt they will learn my real opinion about them.
So 50/50...

H

HelloHell

I didn't leave any when I attempted, and I'm not gonna leave any in the future too. For me personally, I don't feel the need to explain myself to the people that clearly do not care about me.

But, if you feel that leaving a note/timed email is right for you, by all means then do it. Just do whatever feels right for you. Everyone has their own preferences and there is not one correct answer. But, yes, if you failed your attempt, it's probably gonna cause some problems :/

_Minsk

_Minsk

uwu..
i will try to leave some notes on my bed before i leave to ctb. i will only mention the good things and the stuff i was grateful for and make sure they wont blame themselves for anything since im not sure how it will affect them.

K

kevin1192

Try to leave a letter especially for family/parents. It really affect them and try to say that how much you love them it really helps them with recovery. Don’t forget the impact you leave on the people around you

thrw_a_way1221221

thrw_a_way1221221

Angel of Choice - on borrowed time.
I believe notes and letters are a personal thing. Only the individual knows if he/she is willing to and they are under no obligation to leave one for the survivors.

Winona [restored]

Winona [restored]

From my pragmatic point of view, it is better to leave a note mainly for government officials (police, doctors) in order to simplify the procedure for the investigation and obtaining a death certificate by your relatives

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

//:PROCESS
Letters are a choice. Each person has their own reasons, but people usually leave them to either say goodbye, and because they want to explain something or send a message to someone. If you have nothing that you want to say and if you don't feel like writing a letter then you don't have to.

Bauhaus

Bauhaus

Veteran
If your beloved ones care about you then yes, I feel it's my obligation to thank them for everything they done for me.
If they don't care about you ... then screw them.

nitroautnz

nitroautnz

Wise
I’ve been thinking for a while and I can’t decide. Should I leave some letters for my family and/or send an email (with a timer) for my ex or no? Because they are all partially to blame for my mental state and why I want to CTB.
They all heard and saw what was happening to me but abandoned me and ignored. Should I leave those messages?
I’m also scared that if I fail my attempt they will learn my real opinion about them.
So 50/50...
Its depend how you feel with the people you could left behind. I will let letter and send an email with a timer. I want to make sure people don't feel responsible, for not helping me or seeing it coming. That it was a choice that i made cold-blooded not in the heat of the moment. And will try to ease their saddness/pain if i can :)

L

lobster salad

Eat me till i die
You should write one, the people who care for you or pity you after you left would want to know more

pannazidofski

pannazidofski

Veteran
Leaving a letter when you aren't entirely sure that your method will work means that they will be far more watchful in the future. So unless youre doing something out there (like jumping into an active volcano) I wouldn't risk it.

nitroautnz

nitroautnz

Wise
Kurt Cobain left a letter to his imaginary friend Boddah.
Seriously? :pfff:

Leaving a letter when you aren't entirely sure that your method will work means that they will be far more watchful in the future. So unless youre doing something out there (like jumping into an active volcano) I wouldn't risk it.
You can do delayed email then

sadworld

sadworld

my anxiety the size of a planet
I would probably write one but i think its up to you

SheJumped

SheJumped

Far from a requirement, I personally see it as a sign off from life. Giving family, friends a final goodbye or explanation.

Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Wise
I ultimately think it is your life and explaining why you wanted to leave is totally up to you, not an obligation. I want to write write a letter as a way of saying goodbye, but I won't give any reason of why I decided to ctb.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
They're not really "needed" exactly but they are helpful for your survivors to understand why you did it and all that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HowSoonIsNow Discussion Suicide Letters Suicide Discussion 12
BipolarGuy Why a forum like this is needed Suicide Discussion 25
M Help F – anecdote if one likes/advise needed Suicide Discussion 3