Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Discussion Aokigahara Forest (Suicide Hotspot)

dyingtodie69

dyingtodie69

b a n g
Aokigahara Forest is a forest in Japan at the base of Mount Fuji where hundreds of people go to kill themselves. It’s a bit of a mythical place where you can find remains of makeshift nooses. There is a ranger team that sweeps the forest every year to clear out the bodies. It’s entrance is peppered with signs to deter people from killing themselves. There have been a few horror movies regarding the location as well as some documentaries. Unfortunately, the sacred place was desecrated by a deranged YouTuber which is why many people are familiar with “The Suicide

if I hate the money and means, I’d definitely like to die there. I’ve done a lot of research and it is a truly beautiful place. I’ve always wanted to go to Japan, so why not end it there? What do you all think?

95E73436-A6CB-4373-89D0-9F4FCDDF4AC7.jpeg

D3FACF95-3B47-4641-8346-86D76E4CA21A.jpeg

Last edited:
muffin222

muffin222

Elementalist
It's actually pretty hard to get there, I've heard. You need to take the train first. Then, in order to get to the forest you need to take a taxi, but most taxi drivers will only take you so far because they don't want to be liable if you go there to commit suicide

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Fucking living trash. I've not ever once liked a video he made and when I saw that one I immediately thought how much of a horrible persone is he
I never even knew who he was til then

Breadbfra

Breadbfra

Wise
I never even knew who he was til then
Luckily you didn't miss anything. Honestly I cannot tell how much I was furious when I saw that video.
Replying to the original thread, I don't know if I could or not.
I've always liked being between people with mental illnesses and somehow suicidal me would be really good full of people who finally found peace. Neurotypical me probably would be scared.

Last edited:
dyingtodie69

dyingtodie69

b a n g
I don’t know how I feel about being in a dark forest at night where so many people have killed themselves. It’s a little too creepy and morbid for me.
This is what draws me to it. It feels like a place of understanding. I definitely would not go there at night, though.
It's actually pretty hard to get there, I've heard. You need to take the train first. Then, in order to get to the forest you need to take a taxi, but most taxi drivers will only take you so far because they don't want to be liable if you go there to commit suicide
My plan would to be going on a “tour” with a dark tourism group. Go “missing” in the process
My dream suicide destination. I find this forest fascinating and have watched so many videos and documentaries on it. Such a beautifully haunting place.
Very macabre. It’s alluring. Also, saying hello to a fellow BPD person!

H

HelloHell

This is my dream place to ctb!
Actually, I planned to ctb there last year when I was in Japan, but the timing didn't work out and I have to continue being in this world
It is a very serene place, and if you go deep enough, there won't be pedestrians lurking around to mess up your plan

dyingtodie69

dyingtodie69

b a n g
This is my dream place to ctb!
Actually, I planned to ctb there last year when I was in Japan, but the timing didn't work out and I have to continue being in this world
It is a very serene place, and if you go deep enough, there won't be pedestrians lurking around to mess up your plan
I hope you’re able to make it there again.

D

donquixote42

I have visited Aokigahara when hiking around the lakes around Mt. Fuji. It’s really not that difficult to get there :) Take a train to Kawaguchiko and then a bus to Lake Saiko bat caves, which are located right at the outskirts of the forest.

As for the place itself, it is very peaceful and quiet. Certainly a nice place to ctb

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Aokigahara Forest is a forest in Japan at the base of Mount Fuji where hundreds of people go to kill themselves. It’s a bit of a mythical place where you can find remains of makeshift nooses. There is a ranger team that sweeps the forest every year to clear out the bodies. It’s entrance is peppered with signs to deter people from killing themselves. There have been a few horror movies regarding the location as well as some documentaries. Unfortunately, the sacred place was desecrated by a deranged YouTuber which is why many people are familiar with “The Suicide

if I hate the money and means, I’d definitely like to die there. I’ve done a lot of research and it is a truly beautiful place. I’ve always wanted to go to Japan, so why not end it there? What do you all think?

View attachment 45448

View attachment 45447
I used to (and still somewhat) have a dread fascination with this place.
I can imagine going here in the wrong frame of mind with a slightly vivid imagination (which I posses) would be pretty frightening, and the concept of dying alone, afraid, in the cold dark forest sounds awful and for me that is like the death I deserve.
I'd love to go here. If I had the testicular fortitude I'd totally go on a trip here.
Love and respect friends
DBD

Drowning fish

Drowning fish

I want to die
Saw some news about a collective suicide in the parking lot next to the forest (charcoal CTB in the sealed car). Apparently a few collective suicides happen there too. While I’m not specifically interested in CTB in that forest, collective suicide is kind of a comforting method and if I could I’d join them in their death road trip.

dyingtodie69

dyingtodie69

b a n g
I dream often of this place. It’s calling to me.

BurdenedEcho

BurdenedEcho

That sounds nice honestly, I've never thought about it before... I've always wanted to visit Japan so, maybe this may be an ideal method to ctb for me. I wouldn't be found and I can just bring as little as possible and just go peacefully and not have to worry about anyone knowing right away.

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
I think it's romantic and nice to die someplace with a lot of cultural / personal meaning.

Unfortunately there's nowhere like that for me that I can get to, so I'm going in a hotel room instead :(