[Discussion] Anyone here prescribed benzos, what has been your experience with them?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
I was prescribed originally back in 2017, 50 tablets of diazepam for a flight. The cocktail of valium, codeine, nicotine, alcohol, and hydrocodone while in the States was the best experience I've had in my life.

Came back and had interestingly not physical but mental withdrawals. Felt very agitated but no seizures or anxiety. Started mindlessly forging prescriptions and got a total of 600 tablets before being cautioned by police in my country. Luck for me I live in a lax European country cause if I was in the States, I'd be in jail on multiple felony charges.

After forging the police gave me advice to just do it legally and go to a doctor. Was absolutely desperate and went to my GP. When he heard Xanax he knew I was drug seeking and denied me. That emotional feeling of being denied benzos compared with the withdrawal I was undergoing gave me the most instantaneous crushing depression I've ever had. That night, I tried overdosing on paracetamol but failed. I was in a haze and pawned of all my stuff to get other drugs instead before being admitted to a mental hospital for drug addiction and psychosis two months later.

As you can see, my experience with benzos hasn't been too positive but boy, do they work. I don't know if anyone else experiences this but they made my emotions flat and stable in a GOOD way. I had an argument with my mother and it didn't make me angry or want to retaliate. It also didn't ruin my mood, I just went about my day. Wouldn't be possible sober,

Here in UK/Ireland it's notoriously difficult to get benzos, especially for more than two weeks.

• Hug
Reactions: enjolras and Yomyom
Yomyom

Yomyom

Blast!
Feb 5, 2020
My doctor didn't agree to give me sleeping pills, so I bought from a drug dealer.
Clonex and diazepam, both of them one big nightmare
I started with the clonex (2 mg) first- very calm, like my anxieties can't really hurt me, but my Derealization got so worse
I had only ten pills of clonex so I moved to the diazepam (5 mg, somedays 10 mg, I used around 20 pills total)- the same shit, didn't really help my sleep, I breathe so slowly with the pills.

About a week ago I felt so tired without taking diazepam (miracle :ohhhh::ahhha:) and I went to sleep, and I actually had a really good sleep that night.
So I stopped taking it, the only good thing about Derealization is that you feel Addictions very unclear

Currently now I don't take any benzo and I feel so wire, I don't really understand everything but I got use to it

None of them helped my sleep (that was the purpose).
And my mind don't like drugs, any kind of drugs, just don't react good to them.

I think that if you'll go to your doctor and tell him that you used to buy them from the street and you want to stop but you can't sleep without them, they can offer you to build a plan for you, and prescribed you the pills, and in time recover you
I don't know how the system works in Europe, but I think it's worth trying

Reactions: Huntfish34
C

catmom13

Apr 29, 2020
I was prescribed ativan for anxiety before, and didn't notice any addictive effects until I experienced withdrawals after forgetting to fill a prescription.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Holy shit, benzos are a good part of the reason I’m here! Horrific experience and I only started taking them when a gearbox coworker offered me some when all I was taking was natural supplements, if I hadn’t started on meds I most definitely wouldn’t be here
Peace/hugs

cosmonaut

cosmonaut

May 17, 2020
I was prescribed ativan after having anxiety symptoms from a cardiac issue and misdiagnosis. They literally only prescribed me 8 pills of the lowest dose imaginable. Can't say it helped because I was on it only a week --- and they didn't help my anxiety.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I've been prescribed Klonopin for over a year and I take it rarely, usually when I'm in the midst of a panic attack. It works well for me and I have no addiction or withdrawal symptoms to report.

FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

May 22, 2020
I take ativan (lorazapam) twice a day and temazapam at night, and I have done so for quite some time. I am an insomniac. I used ambien first, but I became immune to it. I also use benedryl and melatonin as part of my nightly cocktail. The benzos are now a controlled substance and I usually have to show ID. Last year I was required to submit a urine test to make sure I was taking the drugs. My insurance regularly complains about me taking the ativan and temazapam, but the cost is low enough that it isn't a problem to pay. I don't think I'm physically addicted to them, but mentally, I'd say yes. I have had pharmacists give me a hard time if I was trying to re-fill early. My sleep meds are prescribed by my psychiatrist. I also don't know if the ativan is very effective (treated for depression, too), but I don't want to give it up, either. It's definitely a crutch that I have had to use for sleep on occasion, more than 1 dose. Just 1 1mg doesn't make me sleepy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
felix Recovery 0
BlackPoppet Recovery 47
nigelhernandez Recovery 10