anyone here (adults) still play with stuffed animals?

anyone here (adults) still play with stuffed animals?

• YES - Have and play with stuffed animals

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • NO - Don't have stuffed animals

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Have stuffed animals but don't play with them

Votes: 33 54.1%

• Total voters
snowman626

snowman626

Arcanist
Reaction score
just read that its quite normal for adults to still engage with stuffed animals, like 43% of adults, and about 80% still own at least one

i have 2 and still play with them myself and im 34. i have a bunch of them actually, like 20+ in my closet. but 2 sits on the end of my bed and i engage with them a few times a week. sometimes i put them back into the closet and after a while i miss them and bring them back to my bed

Last edited:
NeedToD

NeedToD

I’ve got no raisin to live
Reaction score
Do you mean playing with stuffed animals only by yourself, or if you have kids, playing with your stuffed animals with them?

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Reaction score
When you say play with them. do you mean like talk to them etc

deadbeat

deadbeat

Reaction score
I don't play with them like I did as a child (creating storylines and have them talk to eachother) Is that what you mean by play with them?
I've played with dolls and action figures past when it was socially acceptable though, and I've been wanting to do it again lately lol

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Reaction score
I'm always having a chat with myself, no dolls involved though!

snowman626

snowman626

Arcanist
Reaction score
When you say play with them. do you mean like talk to them etc
Do you mean playing with stuffed animals only by yourself, or if you have kids, playing with your stuffed animals with them?
I don't play with them like I did as a child (creating storylines and have them talk to eachother) Is that what you mean by play with them?
I've played with dolls and action figures past when it was socially acceptable though, and I've been wanting to do it again lately lol

yeah, talk to them and them talking back. when by yourself. pretend they're alive and that they're a real pet, and sometimes take on the role of a ventriloquist and put a personality on them. if not talking in human language then making various sounds depending on the animal.

Last edited:
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Reaction score
yeah, talk to them and them talking back. when by yourself. pretend they're alive and that they're a real pet, and sometimes take on the role of a ventriloquist and put a personality on them. depending on the animal making various sounds.

Each to their own i say, you do what you feel comfortable with.

I'm forever talking to myself, used to properly talk myself through jobs. i bet customers thought i was nuts (I AM!!!!! not saying you are though )

Last edited:
deadbeat

deadbeat

Reaction score
yeah, talk to them and them talking back. when by yourself. pretend they're alive and that they're a real pet, and sometimes take on the role of a ventriloquist and put a personality on them. if not talking in human language then making various sounds depending on the animal.

Yeah, I don't do that any longer. I do have issues with personification though, which becomes an issue when I need to slim down my collection.

RoseyBird

RoseyBird

Archangel
Reaction score
I have them, but they are put away since I can’t sleep with stuff comfortably. I can see adults using stuffed animals to cope with loneliness or for comfort.

puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Reaction score
I have 4 stuffed animals in my room. Spongebob, Clown Fish, giraffe, and a dolphin (even though dolphins are evil). I've stored others in the closet. I sleep with the dolphin (its name is Nemo) because my mom bought it for me when I was little and it was the happiest moment in my life, every time I hugged the dolphin; I still remember that beautiful day. The others are just ornaments and the Giant Clown Fish is my footrest. :happy:

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Reaction score
I have a few (given to me) but my age and masculinity does not permit me to play with them.

RoseyBird

RoseyBird

Archangel
Reaction score
I have a few (given to me) but my age and masculinity does not permit me to play with them.
Hey man, as a girl I can tell you it’s super cute if you sleep with a stuffed animal, and makes you no less of a man. What you do behind closed doors is nobody’s business but yours. Society‘s bs doesn’t belong in people’s homes, and yet it gets deeply ingrained.

nerve

nerve

24 hour sleep cycle
Reaction score
I tell people I just "collect" them, but I have a notebook for my Sylvanian Families collection where I write out like family trees and relationship charts and little character biographies. I don't talk to them or anything, they're in their own little world and I'm in mine, but I get invested in my stories the same way I did when I was a kid.

I

inflammed123

Student
Reaction score
just read that its quite normal for adults to still engage with stuffed animals, like 43% of adults, and about 80% still own at least one

i have 2 and still play with them myself and im 34. i have a bunch of them actually, like 20+ in my closet. but 2 sits on the end of my bed and i engage with them a few times a week. sometimes i put them back into the closet and after a while i miss them and bring them back to my bed
lies, damn lies, and statistics. I find these statistics very hard to believe. To each his own tho.

W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Reaction score
I have all of my childhood stuffed animals still. They bring me comfort. My ex made fun of the ones I left on my bed but he was a jerk. It's perfectly fine to still have and play with stuffed animals as an adult. Society can be so condescending and call behaviors immature but who are they to decide?!

D

Deadhead Frank

Student
Reaction score
Ha ha. Yes. All of which are antiques such as Figurines, statues, dolls, masks, all types of cool stuff some might called weird who don’t understand. My own modern day freak show of artwork that exists today but from another time . These are things I love and my keepsakes. They are part of me but I don’t play with them. Have them on display though so they are watching over me and I am watching over them.

Lovequenel

Lovequenel

Wizard
Reaction score
I had many as a child and played with them a lot. Also slept with at least one. I made my mother take them out of the garbage bags she'd stuffed them into in the basement as I felt it was disrespectful...not just to me but to them. It's the kind of thinking I don't want to encourage in myself (not judging anyone else though) but I had a lonely childhood and still feel loyal to them. I believe they are still at my parents' house...although who knows whether my mother simply "disappeared" them since the last incident.

Last edited:
Lovequenel

Lovequenel

Wizard
Reaction score
If i didn't have a gf I'd consider buying a stuffy. Maybe i still will since she's had to move away for work.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Reaction score
Play with them? No. But I do have a collection of stuffed animals and toys in general. But not like cheap kid stuff. Pricier collectibles. Still, I've had people who don't know me look around and say they didn't realize I had a child. :pfff: