Anyone feel comforted when you see a suicide news story or hear about a suicide?

needforrelief

needforrelief

“Take comfort in knowing you never had a chance”
I don’t feel a lot of comfort here even though it’s better than nothing. I feel like I’m on a fringe site like 4chan. When I look up “suicide” on Google news though and see that thousands are ctb in Japan, I feel like I’m not so alone. Seeing that people from regular society are dying in droves all over shows me there are many like us. It makes ctb less scary.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
I'm sorry you don't feel that here. That's one of the greatest comforts of SS for me - the fact that there are so many others who feel the way that I do, when I might otherwise feel ostracized and isolated. In short, yes, I do feel comfort hearing about stories of other people who ctb, but it also bothers me somewhat. I grieve for them and the fact that they felt they had no other option. It's a sad statement about our world when so many believe that non-existence is at least a step better than what life has to offer.

needforrelief

needforrelief

I'm sorry you don't feel that here. That's one of the greatest comforts of SS for me - the fact that there are so many others who feel the way that I do, when I might otherwise feel ostracized and isolated. In short, yes, I do feel comfort hearing about stories of other people who ctb, but it also bothers me somewhat. I grieve for them and the fact that they felt they had no other option. It's a sad statement about our world when so many believe that non-existence is at least a step better than what life has to offer.
I think it’s because we’re just words on a screen. Everyone here could be AI. A news story often shows a name, picture (sometimes), etc, which sets it in the real world. This website feels like its own dimension.
No, I just feel jealous.
Not just suicides, but of anyone who dies.
I just want to be gone.
Many die without even knowing they died. It’s so weird.

Last edited:
F

FinalDestination

Here lies my hopes and dreams
I actually do feel comforted. It’s like a reminder that I’m not actually forcibly bound to this place and when I’m ready I can go and there is no imaginary force actually blocking me from doing so.

needforrelief

needforrelief

I actually do feel comforted. It’s like a reminder that I’m not actually forcibly bound to this place and when I’m ready I can go and there is no imaginary force actually blocking me from doing so.
:O I feel that imaginary force too. I stood at the Golden Gate once and I couldn’t move forward. I felt jumping was like going through a mountain or out of the game in those old Pokémon game boy games.