Anyone else had enough of BLM protesters in their areas?

• Thread starter MaisieWilliamsLover
  • Start date
  • Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I live in saint louis and the surrounding region and I see nothing good coming from these protesters whatsoever. Both sides have bad behavior from time to time but the worst behavior is coming from BLM and Antifa activists. I have had enough of them in STL. That's for sure.

F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Meh. As far as I know, they're getting everything they've been asking for, short of defunding the police. I know initially only the one cop was tried and they wanted all of them tried, and now they are. Dozens of celebrities or people of positions of power are stepping down in the interest of affirmative action. Police are quitting left and right or having nervous meltdowns. Monuments and cultural references to old historical figures are being taken down or removed from public spaces. Unless something new has happened I haven't heard of yet, I don't really see much of a point in continuing the protests. Yeah, yeah, I get "the system needs to change and they can't stop until it does" but but that's not going to happen overnight and protesting for the next however long it takes probably won't do much but make people weary to the cause, as exemplified by the OP. But I don't personally really care if they do, as I do believe it's their right. I guess I just don't understand what more they intend to accomplish.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
MarsFx

MarsFx

Veteran
May 7, 2020
Idk, not as bad as police brutality. Of course, there are people taking advantage of the situation to incite violence, but like we're not supposed to assume a few bad cops means they're all bad, I wouldn't assume a small percent causing trouble mean all protesters are causing trouble.
And so far many states and counties have changed a lot of their rules and laws that would otherwise protect cops while being violent towards their citizens. So it has accomplished some things. Also, this how many things have gotten accomplished in the past. People didn't stop segregation and all those laws in the 50/60s because they suddenly felt like it was the right thing to do. There were a lot of protests and such happening too.

But I can see how for some it's an inconvenience when the problem people are fighting doesn't actually affect them.

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I've lived in inner-city St Louis and I can tell you it's not the cops that are creating the problems

Reactions: Final Escape
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Veteran
Dec 28, 2019
USA
All you have to do it look at the data, not your feelings and selective social media posts, and you will see the true travesty here. Look at the raw data, not information someone has manipulated and given to you. Start using your mind, your heart will still be there. The reality is that a group of people have been duped by the media, they have been victimized by a certain political party and they have been exploited by certain leaders that get paid to perpetuate this victimhood.

BLM as an organization is harmful for black people and antifa is sickening all around. Both need to go. I know too many black people that find the first an absolute embarrassment and the rest of us find the latter an absolute joke. BLM does not care about black lives. I can spew example after example to prove that point. I hate seeing people so easily manipulated. The rich and powerful enjoy seeing us fight among each other and I am sure China and Russia are enjoying the chaos. I still see people holding signs that say hands up, don't shoot. A proven lie that is still perpetuated, among many others.

Ultimately, I rather see people empowered, not victimized and exploited.

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
All you have to do it look at the data, not your feelings and selective social media posts, and you will see the true travesty here. Look at the raw data, not information someone has manipulated and given to you. Start using your mind, your heart will still be there. The reality is that a group of people have been duped by the media, they have been victimized by a certain political party and they have been exploited by certain leaders that get paid to perpetuate this victimhood.

BLM as an organization is harmful for black people and antifa is sickening all around. Both need to go. I know too many black people that find the first an absolute embarrassment and the rest of us find the latter an absolute joke. BLM does not care about black lives. I can spew example after example to prove that point. I hate seeing people so easily manipulated. The rich and powerful enjoy seeing us fight among each other and I am sure China and Russia are enjoying the chaos. I still see people holding signs that say hands up, don't shoot. A proven lie that is still perpetuated, among many others.

Ultimately, I rather see people empowered, not victimized and exploited.
I agree with all this but after months of trying to be rational and reasonable in comment sections I'm getting nowhere with these people.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Veteran
Dec 28, 2019
USA
Earlier today I sent a list of black names to a friend here on this forum to check out on YouTube. I wish more black people, and people in general, would listen to these people and people like them. They have wisdom that transcend race. There are far better role models out there than unruly criminals that get killed while resisting arrest. Yes, there are injustices out there, but those affect us all.

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
I could probably name at least most of them. You aren't the only one who notices.

Vorty27

Vorty27

Freedom or Death
Jun 28, 2020
Europe
Not from the US but... It sounds like the situation is quite difficult with what happened and is going on there.

Reactions: Fragile
Oyoy

Oyoy

Smoking section
Feb 2, 2020
Limousine
I went to check out the occupancy. Black people kept calling each other the n world. Someone tried to call the police and they wont show up downtowm. Children were spraypainting. I couldn't believe how everyone was into it. I think masks and technology are worth protesting against peacefully but this is just destruction and nobody down there felt humane.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Veteran
Dec 28, 2019
USA
If the community as a whole got together year round to do things like this in their community, preferrably not having to clean up a disaster like this, but instead to simply improve it... What a world we would have. It is interesting how much resistance the guy got near the beginning.

MaisieWilliamsLover

MaisieWilliamsLover

Jun 27, 2020
Well I am pleased to see that this forum isn't left-wing politics dominated. I'm not trying to turn it into some alt right thread either. I just am tired of the bull crap and the adult temper tantrums.

Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 21, 2019
somewhere in the Austrian Alps
I live in saint louis and the surrounding region and I see nothing good coming from these protesters whatsoever. Both sides have bad behavior from time to time but the worst behavior is coming from BLM and Antifa activists. I have had enough of them in STL. That's for sure.
I thankfully live in a very rural area, so noone cares about the BLM stuff, because the only black guy in a 10 mile radius is our pastor.

Still, I don't understand the BLM protests in big Austrian cities, as we never had colonies or african slaves here. Maybe one to two percent of the populace is black and most of them voluntairily came here.

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

We will fade.
Nov 17, 2019
Since I live in a rural area I haven't seen any protests where I live but they are definitely happening in the neighboring city and they definitely have rioted on a few occasions. My sister had to come right back home just as she was about to start working again because people like to riot and loot and claim it's still peaceful protesting, bull shit. It's violence begetting more violence and people who have the gall to defend it are guilty of promoting that violence. I'm fine with peaceful non-violent protests, I don't support destroying communities and ruining other peoples lives just because. And don't get me started on the shitshow known as "CHAZ" in Seattle.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C I can't read any threads on here b/c my tab keeps crashing. Anyone else? Offtopic 1
Vetrarnott Anyone Else Constantly On The Verge Of Tears? Offtopic 15
Walilamdzi Did anyone else read the mother's long post? Offtopic 51
SuiSqueeze92 [Discussion] Anyone else get random “violent” body jerks? Offtopic 40
L Anyone else not getting notifications? Offtopic 1
K [Discussion] Anyone Else Have Insomnia? Offtopic 14
WinterFaust Does anyone else not have any interests? Offtopic 8
Lost in a Dream Anyone else obsessed with cryptids and paranormal stuff? Offtopic 9
F Anyone ever read this article by Brian Barnett? Offtopic 1
A Anyone in philippines want to talk, ctb, or talk about ctb? Offtopic 0
FreddieQuell Anyone had any paranormal experiences? Offtopic 54
Kevin_theFrog [Discussion] Anyone here plays a music instrument? Offtopic 31
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Has anyone here had a wisdom tooth taken out (UK vs US experiences) Offtopic 6
Vetrarnott Does Anyone Feel Like Their Mental Illness Worsens With Each Passing Year? Offtopic 21
Lorntroubles Anyone have dreams where you talk to the deceased? Offtopic 16
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Does anyone here from Ireland live near Drogheda? Offtopic 0
thrw_a_way1221221 [Discussion] Does anyone get mad at people for being "uplifting and encouraging"? Offtopic 21
nigelhernandez [Discussion] Has anyone here tried Modafinil to keep awake? Offtopic 2
Close_to_freedom Does anyone know how to make money unethically? Offtopic 30
DeadSpace666 Does anyone here get disability due to depression Offtopic 10
Underscore Gardening/anyone know what this is? Offtopic 4
L Who else is in love with someone they cant be with? Offtopic 19
Misery99 Anybody else here with depression,bipolar disorder or autism/aspergers? Offtopic 42
BitterlyAlive [Discussion] Who else can relate to the description of the "adult child" Offtopic 17