Anybody here broke or in debt?

• Welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, a pro-choice forum for the discussion of mental illness, suicide, and the moral implications of the act itself. This is not a pro-suicide site. We do not encourage or aid suicide, and the information offered is for educational purposes only. Read our rules and FAQ for more information. We also offer a recovery subforum if you wish to get support.

You can close this box by clicking the top right "X".

Isadeth

Isadeth

Jun 12, 2020
United States
I have a ton of medical debt that has ruined my credit.
I'm so sorry to read that. I see you're in the U.S. too. I'm not sure what all you've tried to possibly get out of medical debt. I hate that that is even an issue for others. I know the system fairly well, if you'd like, I can help assist if you need the loopholes. ♡

Reactions: Woodnote
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
United States.
The system is designed this way. I'm 33 and have managed to somehow stay out of debt. But I feel like my streak is about to end soon.

J

Joxalldaita

Ender of all
Jun 12, 2020
I've saved several tens of thousands and have property, but live on about a hundred a month in order to save. Money is no guarantee of stability or happiness. I save to try and escape my situation, but honestly feel that in the long term it's not worth the sacrifice. The world is too uncertain.

• Hug
W

whywere

Jun 26, 2020
Yep, I know! Everything was going ok, then bam!!, my wife lost her job, because of covid 19, and I can not work from a car crash, where I was driving down the road and a person blew through the stop sign and I t-boned him. NOW, we are going to get evicted, will be homeless now.

NomadicWolf382

NomadicWolf382

I want to drift into the lucid dream, endlessly...
Jun 11, 2020
Far from home
I also owe several thousand dollars to the states office of inspector general’s for something I should have not been held accountable for. I could of technically faced some charges, but it never happened. I feel as if some of the individuals understood what was going on, but could not get enough evidence that I was being taken advantage of in a situation beyond my control. Regardless, I’m still paying the price. I have not seen any of my tax return refunds in the past 5 years.

• Hug
MarsFx

MarsFx

Veteran
May 7, 2020
Not in debt, just broke. I was living paycheck to paycheck. It was better than living with my parents or having a roommate. Now with the pandemic, I'm barely surviving. Once things like the unemployment boost and the renters protections stop I'll be out of luck.

• Hug
Cashewmilk

Cashewmilk

Wise
Mar 10, 2020
I've saved several tens of thousands and have property, but live on about a hundred a month in order to save. Money is no guarantee of stability or happiness. I save to try and escape my situation, but honestly feel that in the long term it's not worth the sacrifice. The world is too uncertain.
It depends on how much money. Millions or billions would obviously help. Lol

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

Tired of the pain.
Apr 8, 2020
America, land of the "free".
A few thousand in student loans. I'm trying to keep my savings up so they can be paid off when I die. I don't want my parents to be burdened with that, even though it's not that much debt.

• Hug
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Hikikomori
Apr 13, 2020
Yep. Ruined credit and all. I used to be good about my money, too. It's embarrassing.

• Hug
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Oct 16, 2019
I've taken out excessive student loans and been careless with money in general. My thought process for the past decade has been "I'm going to kill myself eventually anyway, so it doesn't really matter how badly I screw up my life."

V

VeniVidi

Jul 2, 2020
total broke haha, after i had one of the biggest buisness on my town, made a bad investment and totally broke and million in debt with customers.

• Aw..
Reactions: WinterFaust