A mesmerising image of someone CTB at Beachy Head

User Does Not Exist

User Does Not Exist

Buffering.....
Wow, does anyone have any history to this image, and I want to know how did they catch it on photo, where they people spotting and she just did it or what,
There is a whole story here, yet this photo speaks so much more.
Incredible

DreamsofDeath

DreamsofDeath

Fear of crashing and not coming back
Absolutely, she's incredible. I wish I had her courage. Absolute inspiration.
Wow, does anyone have any history to this image, and I want to know how did they catch it on photo, where they people spotting and she just did it or what,
There is a whole story here, yet this photo speaks so much more.
Incredible
Not quite full story but I think this documentary starts with the person who took the image:

Breadbfra

Breadbfra

Wise
Peculiar way to jump. I wonder what do people feel in the meantime.
I'd choose a more "dip-y" way, there's the chance you could end on a cliff edge suffering tremendously like this

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Angelic
That's an amazing photo and would be great to have a big version hanging on my wall.

She has a skirt and high heels on!

Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Does anyone else try to imagine what it feels like when you land?
I fell from three stories once, in a backyard garden, not on purpose, i was very drunk and slipped. Mania days.

Didn't felt painful (the impact), the endorphines kicking in i guess, more like a splash in a swiming pool like.

10 minutes later started the pain, a broken leg and a nicked pelvis, and the shame when the firemen came.

P

Pookie

Veteran
Does anyone else try to imagine what it feels like when you land?
Probably won’t feel anything, your brains would splatter and then it won’t register pain. It’ll probably be as quick as a gunshot to the head, except you’ll have a few seconds of consciousness while you’re falling. I wonder what goes through the minds of these jumpers as they jump and while they’re falling. I’d love to jump but don’t think I’ll have the guts. In a moment of anger/impulsivity I might find it easier.

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Hadn't seen the picture before. It is indeed inspiring. I might be able to jump from a certain height but only if I knew that I couldn't survive. The fact that there's at least three survivors in the documentary is already too much for me. Really enjoyed it though. Especially what the guy in the wheelchair had to say. But I was also put off by how cold and misunderstanding some of the recovery team/LE comments were, even going as far as calling it a "win" when someone survived and they'd pull them back into this hell. I'm sure there are good people among them too, but I also feel suicidals shouldn't compromise their methods to avoid leaving a mess for them.

"It's not a trip to paradise, it's a way out of hell." Hear, hear.

Aurora

Aurora

Great photo. I've often dreamt about taking a train to Beachy Head and jumping. The problem is that it's heavily policed by pro-lifers. Also, the taxis have a special code for passengers who look like they're going there to jump.

shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Inspiration? I understand where you all are coming from but I do feel that it's important to be quite sensitive with images like this. It can be hard to remember that this is an actual person with a family and friends who loved her. Calling the last moments of her life "inspiring" and "amazing" can be so incredibly harmful to people already in fragile spaces.
Every one of us is here because we are struggling and I understand that escape can be so easily idolized, but when it comes to another human being it almost verges on pro-suicide for me. Escape from suffering may be beautiful, but death isn't, and the pain she must've been in to go through with this isn't, and what her family is left with for the rest of their lives most certainly isn't. Please consider this? I'm really not trying to offend or attack or lecture anyone; just hoping to offer another point of view. This community especially deserves that empathy and understanding.

Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Absolutely, she's incredible. I wish I had her courage. Absolute inspiration.

Not quite full story but I think this documentary starts with the person who took the image:
Just watched the documentary very good

Top Bottom